Sunday, September 11, 2011

Spaghetti with Zesty Tinapa Pesto Sauce and Buttered Garlic Cream Dory

Out of the blue, I suddenly craved for seafood pesto pasta. I first thought of eating somewhere in a restaurant but my budget is a little slim (can't afford). I decided to put on my toque (feeling chef) and went to a grocery store near our place. I don't know how to make fresh pesto sauce. Good thing there are available ready to cook pesto sauces. I found this Zesty Tinapa Pesto Sauce -- Celebrations by Sharon. A new product which is way cheaper than other similar pesto sauces available. I'm not sure if Sharon Cuneta owns this (or maybe she's just the official endorser). Anyway, I was able to satisfy my craving by cooking my own version of seafood pasta. One thing about the sauce -- it is a little 'bland'. I can taste the tinapa and the pesto sauce but it is lacking in flavor. I believe the sauce would taste better if they use olive oil instead of regular corn oil. You can try it and let me know your feedback.

Ingredients:

1 Del Monte Spaghetti Merienda pack
1 Zesty Tinapa Pesto Sauce -- Celebrations by Sharon
Garlic
Butter

Potatoes
1 small Cream Dory meat
Parmesan cheese (or any cheese)
Pepper
Salt

Optional: You can add some squid and crab meat

For Spaghetti with Zesty Tinapa Pesto Sauce

Cook pasta in 5-8 minutes of brisk boiling water. I suggest you put a dash of salt and some oil in the water to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Set aside. Cut potatoes thinly (bite-size) and fry them until crispy brown (personal preference). Set aside. In a pan over low fire, heat Zesty Tinapa Pesto Sauce. Mix in spaghetti, dash of parmesan cheese and the fried potatoes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with Parmesan.

For Buttered Garlic Cream Dory

In a separate pan, saute garlic using butter then add Cream Dory. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Fry until cooked. Add the fish as a side dish to Spaghetti with Zesty Tinapa Pesto Sauce.


Pardon my plating skills but believe me, this tastes fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment